Tuesday, December 18, 2012

Oh My Goodness!

Well, I seem to finally be on a bit of a proper productive kick! MVOL has now entered the playtesting and touching up phase, and I'm planning on releasing the next version this coming Friday!

If you have been so kind as to root around in the current game and send me typos and glitches and such to fix up, keep an eye on your inboxes, as I'm planning on sending out batches of new content to be proofread tonight, and possibly a playtest copy of the game to be double-checked for bugs. If you haven't, but you're just dying to see new material as soon as possible, try hunting down and sending me some typos and glitches! Break the game, furs and scalies!

Additionally, if you're looking to help out in other ways, there are two big new options coming up. The first is that I'm getting to work on an overhaul for the formatting of my code-- if and when this is completed, the game will be much more flexible and easily customized, such that scenes can reflect your character with more precision and with more possible options for you and even Lith! But the hard part is that alllll the text in the game needs to be reformatted. So if you have meticulous eyes and a lot of patience, email me (lithiers@gmail.com) to talk about helping with the conversion!

The second new option is donations! On Friday, I'll also be opening up a proper Donate button through Paypal to make it a little easier for folks that want to show their support in a more pecuniary manner. And to show my thanks for these kind supporters, I'll email every donator, whatever the size of their donation, a special, cheat-enabled version of the game! What exactly this all entails will be explained on Friday, but if you're interested, you'll be able to donate by either Paypal account or credit card readily, so you've got a couple days to make sure you've one or the other.

That all said, I hope this new version is worth the wait I've put you all through ^.^; I never expected it to take this long to put out another version on this blog, and I'll be discussing the process I've been through and what I see in the future of this game on Friday as well. Thank you all for your patience and attention, and I'll see you Friday!

No comments:

Post a Comment