Monday, August 31, 2015

Troubles and Preparation

Hey folks! September is almost here, and that means v0.18 is on the horizon. I've got new content written up, hopefully more on the way, I've got a variant writer getting started, and I have... well, I'm trying to get new art for the game.

In case you haven't seen, the Patreon is going nicely, and we've hit the goal to start seeing two new pieces of art for each release! I'm excited for it, but the application has gone a little rougher than expected. Commissioning art is hard! Especially, it would seem, when your needs are as unusual as mine.

I've had artists with really cute work turn me down for even slightly nsfw images, I've heard issues with contracts and work being used in a game rather than for personal consumption. I've seen artists bow out due to personal issues and up and stop producing due to lack of inspiration. I have been trying, on and off, to get art for this release since days after v0.17 came out, and... well, I'm still trying.

I have specific goals for this next release, but I'm starting to think I may have to settle for something else, just to get art done. I try to shop around and find art that is both of quality and good value for the price, but as the deadline looms, it looks like I may have to throw my budget out the window just to get something into the game in time @_@;; One way or the other, I mean to meet my goals for art and see to it that it's quality work going in!

But that's for me to worry about, and for you guys to enjoy, when all this has finally turned into delicious pixels. The next version is coming in the next few weeks, so keep your eyes peeled!

No comments:

Post a Comment